- Primary prevention through spreading awareness amongst youth of issues such as avoiding consanguinity and treatment of Rh incompatibility which is statistically linked to higher incidence of disabilities.
- Advocating medical and other authorities to encourage mandatory Neonatal Screening of all newborn children for disabilities.
- Espousing issues related to improved maternal health and nutrition at grassroots levels.
- Conducting mother and child health and early intervention programmes aimed at disability identification and prevention.
- Fostering a positive attitude towards persons with disabilities by their families and society by highlighting success stories involving persons born with disabilities.
- Training programmes for safe delivery and child-birth.
http://metodosalargarpene.es/ebioer/4377 Action Plans
- Educating the less well-informed segments of the population (the bulk) about the causes and ways of prevention and early detection of disabilities.
- Generating awareness of disabilities through conferences, seminars, workshops, DVDs, short films, skits and articles in the electronic and print media.
- Highlighting the need for prevention of disabilities to the concened authorities to bring about mandatory Neonatal Screening of newborn children.
- Organizing Continuous Medical Education (CME) programmes for medical and para-medical professionals from both urban and rural areas across the country.
- Shaping societal attitudes towards issues related to disability through workshops, the media, etc; each programme customized to the needs of each target group.